Dental Implants & Implant Dentistry in Nashville, TN
Dental implants are a successful and proven treatment for patients that need one or more teeth replaced.
The tooth implant is made of a titanium metal post that is inserted into the jawbone. After 3-6 months, when the tooth implant has fused with the jawbone, called ossification, this tooth implant is now ready to have a dental crown placed on it. If necessary, we can then place a full denture or fixed bridge to the dental crowns for better stability and comfort.
Dental Implants provide a durable and permanent solution to bridges and dentures, acting, feeling and looking like natural teeth.
Benefits of Dental Implants in Nashville, TN
Nashville implant dentist Dr. Nabors understands how dental implants can help many patients with teeth loss. The benefits of dental implants include:
- Familiar Look and Feel – Because the tooth implant is set into the bone it can sustain the same biting force as a natural tooth. This secure attachment allows you to comfortably eat any kind of food. Since dental implants won’t discolor, you can confidently smile, laugh and speak knowing that your smile looks natural and healthy.
- Long-term Solution – With proper maintenance and hygiene, a tooth implant can last a lifetime.
- Hassle Free – Dental implants do not decay and simply require the same care as natural teeth. Dental implants are easily maintained with regular brushing, flossing and routine dental exams.
- Low Impact to Natural Teeth – Neighboring teeth next to a tooth implant aren’t harmed or affected.
- Preserve existing teeth — When you have missing teeth, gaps in your gums, your other teeth can slip and move. This can affect your bite, and can make your smile become uneven. It can even affect the way you speak.
- Like real tooth roots — When you have missing tooth roots, your gums recede, which can make your cheeks get a sunken in look. Dental implants keep your face looking full, natural and symmetrical.