Do you have a tooth that is cracked, chipped, damaged, broken or discolored? One excellent treatment to restore your smile is the dental crown. A dental crown is simply a tooth-shaped restoration that covers all or most of the natural tooth above the gumline.
What are the advantages of a dental crown?
- To cover a damaged tooth, a dental crown can protect the tooth from more damage.
- To restore your smile if you have one or more teeth that aren’t uniform in shape or color, a dental crown can cover these irregularities, making your smile look uniform and natural.
- To secure a dental bridge, a dental crown can be placed on each side to secure the bridge.
- A dental crown is used to top a dental implant.
- A dental crown looks, feels and functions like a regular tooth. You can smile, laugh, eat and chew like you would with a normal tooth. A dental crown doesn’t require any special care. Just brush and floss and visit your dentist for regular check ups.
- A dental crown is usually considered when a filling reaches the end of its life to prevent any lasting damage. Without a dental crown, you could lose the tooth!
What are the advantages of a dental bridge?
- A dental bridge can keep the rest of your teeth in their proper place so they won’t shift. This can protect your bite and keep your smile uniform and functioning properly.
- A dental bridge can keep your mouth looking full and your facial structure symmetrical.
- A dental bridge functions just like your natural teeth, so you can eat and chew just like you naturally would.
- A dental bridge looks just like your natural teeth, so you can laugh and smile like natural.
To restore your smile and make it look fabulous, give us a call today about dental crowns and dental bridges.